Come and experience The Ashgill Woodland Wild Camping Adventure
(available all year round)
We offer wild camping all year round. For the privacy of customers, we offer exclusive hire of the entire 50 acre site for individual bookings.
- There is a compost loo, streams, a do-it-yourself wood-fired sweat lodge and outdoor rainforest shower.
- During your visit, follow a trail around the woodland, exploring as you go!
- Discover and dig up natural clay and use it to make a pot to take home or a tree face using natural items around the woodland for facial features
- Visit our rescue chickens and ducks. Feed them and observe them in their habitat and learn about their previous treatment as commercial hens
- Climb trees, collect natural items from the forest floor, look out for signs of wildlife including rabbit burrows, squirrels nests, mole hills and deer footprints.
- Spot wildlife from our octagonal wildlife hide
- Build a brash wildlife shelter and learn about the different species of wildlife in the woodland and how your shelter can help to protect them
- Discover different rocks and minerals and learn about their origin, properties and local use
- Build your own campfire and cook your food.
Please note, there is no drinking water provided so you need to bring your own. There is no electricity, no WiFi and no 4G. The site is set in a steep sided valley and therefore a reasonable level of fitness is required. Unfortunately the terrain is not suitable for wheelchairs. If in doubt please contact us to discuss.
The cost for the wild camping experience including exclusive hire of the entire site is only £200 per night.